I’ve always loved steak. I haven’t been like “order me a t-bone” or anything, but I LOVE a good steak. Savory, cooked to medium, medium rare (depending on the place) I just cannot help but enjoy a good steak.
When I was a teenager my signature thing was “teppenyaki steak” and I would cook that for the family. I thought teppenyaki was so cool as a kid. But since then I can now appreciate good marbling, a nice pink inside, and a delicious fat cap. So when the kids were gone today, I took the opportunity to cook myself some garlic steak bites and savored the moment.
- 1 tsp salt, pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ribeye steak
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- First off, mix your spices.
- Cut your ribeye into 1-inch pieces
- Apply your spices to your ribeye and allow to sit for 15 minutes (minimum)
- In a pan warm your olive oil very hot
- While your pan is warming, mix butter and garlic
- When your pan is hot, pour in your ribeye bites
- Add butter to steak
- Cook to your desired temperature, do not over stir meat
- Serve hot with your favorite side dish