Ahhh, mac and cheese. A vegetarian meal, or a lovely side dish that pleases all ages.
You know before I moved out on my own, hell, even for the first 15 years, I stayed far away from real mac and cheese. Something had me in my head saying I would hate it. How weird is that? But then, I decided, what the hell. And I am in love. My goodness! The cheesy, the savory, the creamy, the delicate balance of cheeses! And in the instant pot?! Yes, m&#@! f#(*@# please!
This instant pot meal is so easy to make.You seriously just grab your ingredients, pressure cook for 4 minutes and add some cheese and milk! Boom kiddies!
If you are looking for something more to add, and maybe add this as a side dish, check out my garlic steak bites for something savory to add. You could do a parmesan crusted chicken, or make your life easy and steam up some meatballs. We like to pair this with a nice salad and call it good!
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot
- 4 cups elbow pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth Vegetable broth, or water works too
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups medium cheddar
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pour in elbow pasta, butter and chicken broth into instant pot
- Add all spices and stir lightly
- Set instant pot to pressure cook for 4 minutes, then quick release
- DO NOT DRAIN the liquid
- Slowly fold in each cheese, stirring as you go
- Add 1/2 cup of milk
- Serve hot and enjoy!