I just love breakfast.
Blueberry pastries are the easiest way to make a quick pastry, use up any berries before they spoil, and look like a GD genius while you’re at it.
These blueberry danishes are the easiest recipe for the novice baker, and I promise you’ll just love them. They are an easy adventure with just about 20 minutes in the morning and the leftovers will not make it through dinner – so don’t worry about refrigerating them before bed. No need, my friend.
This recipe is using store-bought puff pastry. Just buy the store bought stuff and save yourself some time. Don’t you have laundry piling up on the couch?
You can use any berries! Fresh, frozen, raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, go get those berries from the local market on special!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- Thaw puff pastry according to package instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Flour your surface lightly so pastry dough doesn't stick
- Roll dough out into rectangle
- Cut pastry into 6 pieces (2×3)
- Score a rectangle inside each piece to act as your place to fill ingredients
- Use a fork and poke it a bit so the middle doesn't puff up
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Transfer your rectangles over to the sheet
- In a medium bowl mix your cream cheese and egg yolk. Add your sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add about 2 tablespoons into the iddle of the puff pastry, and smooth out evenly.
- Top with blueberries
- In a separate small bowl, make your egg wash
- Use a brush and brush just the edge of your pastry dough with the wash
- Bake about 15-20 minutes, keep an eye on it about the 12 minute mark.
- While it's baking, whip up your glaze by mixing powdered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Remove your pastries from the oven and set aside to cool
- Drizzle the glaze over each pastry.
Can I use frozen?
Of course, lovely! No difference spotted here!
Can I use homemade puff pastry?
You overachiever, you! Definitely.
Can I make them smaller for my littles?
The world is your oyster, make them smaller!