Seriously one of my favorite soups on the planet is broccoli cheddar. That and the good ol’ standby of chicken noodle. I’m not really into tortilla soup or anything else, I like creamy soups or the basics lol.
I like to make this soup as a one serving for myself because I could probably eat it once a week, but when it’s winter time I force this soup on anyone who will have it. One of the reasons broccoli cheddar soup stands out is its remarkable nutritional profile. Broccoli, the star ingredient, is packed with essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber, and folate. It’s also a great source of antioxidants that help protect your body against well yucky stuff.
While you can find broccoli cheddar soup in many restaurants and cafes, there’s something truly special about making it from scratch in the comfort of your own kitchen. The aroma that fills the air as the soup simmers, and the satisfaction of knowing each ingredient that goes into it, adds an extra touch of joy to the experience. By customizing the recipe to your liking, you can control the level of creaminess, the amount of cheese, and even experiment with additional spices or herbs to suit your taste preferences.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1/3 diced onion
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 2 cup broth vegetable or chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cup cheddar shredded
- 1/4 cup flour all purpose, coconut or almond works
- Saute onion in butter for 5 minutes
- Whisk flour in and cook 1 minute
- Whisk in broth and cream
- Add veggies, stir, add salt and pepper to your taste. Probably 1 tsp salt, 1/2 t pepper.
- Bring to boil then simmer for 20 minutes
- Take off heat and add cheddar, stirring to help incorporate cheddar
- Serve warm! Top with a little cheddar to help cool it down.